Tuesday, March 3, 2009

pretty colors

(I hope you are ready for this weekend because I am going to shoot pictures of you.)

I took this picture last Saturday, during what I believe was my 1st ever shoot of another human being. I always take pictures of trees & flowers & buildings & shapes & what-not. When I do take a picture of someone, it is only 1 or 2 pictures, not a series with the intention of capturing a good portrait.

So this was new for me. A little challenging. But working with Sabrina was easy because she is a friend and likes to be in front of the camera. I'm glad I made an effort to stop napping and get out of the house to do this, as I had momentarily considered putting it off. The fact that it wasn't raining helped a bunch.

I also made it to my studio for an hour yesterday and plan to go work some more this evening. yay.

I'll have the rest of my favorite pictures from Saturday up on the SBPC tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's an awesome first attempt. I'm really proud of you for working in your studio. Keep it up!

    And PS: you'll have to work extra hard with me this weekend. I'm nowhere near as photogenic as Sabrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This crossed my mind on BART today. "Awesome first attempt" sounds really back-handed. Not my intention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i didn't think so. no worries.
    where are you anyway???

    i'm supposed to be commenting on YOUR entries, too....

    ReplyDelete