Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I love points!

Ugh. My goals. It isn't pretty. Here is my progress so far. (I like grading myself.)

- Cook more!
Since the chili two weeks ago, I steamed some brussel sprouts. Once. It's so hard for me to cook because I honestly do not like anything I make myself. It's always so bland, sometimes it's not even edible. -1

- Continue learning.
Well, I signed up for an LSAT course which starts on April 13. I'm planning on taking the June LSAT, work on my law school application over the summer and apply to law school in the fall for the 2010-2011 school year. I'm giving myself some major pointage for this. +5

- Finish your upholstery project
Nope. Not a stitch. No attempts. I completely forgot about this goal! -2

- Buy a ukulele and learn how to play it.
Also not done. But I fear that the ukulele is blowing up and becoming a little cliche. 0

- Do laundry more than once every three or four weeks.
Ha! I did laundry this weekend. The last time I did laundry was three weeks ago. I still have that HUGE pile of dry cleaning in my closet. -2

- Spend less cha-ching.
Hmm. Well, I bought $1300 plane tickets last week and just spent $1000+ for the LSAT course, so my net worth is about -$2000. (I have some money saved, but I've also got student loanz, yo!) I think both purchases were necessary but I can't really gauge if I spent money in moderation over the last four weeks. 0

- Do something physical.
Now that it's springtime I walk to and from BART. That's one mile each way. It's not a lot of walking, and I do it as a leisurely pace (although leisurely for me is sort of brisk)--not a whole lot of proper exercise. What I had in mind was going on hikes or buying a new bike (I got rid of my former bike when I moved) and riding around on the weekends. -1

FINAL SCORE: -1

I really have no excuse for not getting out during the weekends. I live in a beautiful place with lots of walking trails. That's the goal I'm going to focus on next. I'll follow that up with laundry and spending less cha-ching.

4 comments:

  1. I would totally not give you negative 2 for either the laundry or the upholstery project! Negative 1 at best, then you have a score of positive 1!

    Let's go bike shopping together! I need a working one as well, seeing as both my tires shake themselves free of my frame at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bike shopping? In this economy? Are you crazy?

    OK! Deal! But we live 60 miles away from each other. How is that going to work out? Meet in Milpitas and bike home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obvies.

    No really, we'll buy bike racks, too! And water bottles and water bottle holders and helmets and tight shirts with zippers on the back and bells and little handlebar streamers and a deck of cards!

    No but really-really, I think we should. I mean, we both want a bike. For me, it wouldn't be until next month. Think about it....

    ReplyDelete