Friday, April 3, 2009

bike to work week


Have I told you about Pictures from a Bike?
The blogger is an Aptos woman who used to bike to work in SC every day before she became pregnant with twins last fall. And she stops to take pictures along the way!
I can't even remember the author's name (don't know if I ever knew it), but I just thanked her via comment for the inspiration she has been providing for months now. I think I discovered her last summer, and have since had this tiny idea that maybe one day I would do the same commute in reverse every day and we would wave 'hi' to each other on our way to work. And then maybe she'd let me post my own pictures-from-a-bike, too! I have commented on her blog a couple times before and she was very nice with her response.
The important part is that I've set a date for beginning to bike to work. You may have heard of it, it's this thing called Bike to Work Week. A fitting name, I guess. So now comes the legwork of finding a suitable bike, purchasing it, getting a snazzy helmet & gloves & whatnot, and doing a few practice rides on the weekend. eek - lots to do. All of a sudden May 12th doesn't seem so far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment